Monday, October 1, 2018

A Bad Apple - OR an Apple Picking Dress

As usual, I'm in shock.  Did I REALLY last make an Apple Picking Dress in 2015?????  (Last post is seen HERE.)  No.  Seriously????!  That doesn't seem right, and I feel there is a lost blog post - or a post never written, aha.

Either way, sad times, as I love the pattern and apparently wish I'd made a million more.

For all the extra work a button placket CAN be, this goes together quickly and has a polished look about it.  My only issue with this version is that the spot where the tie meets the placket is frageeeelay.  I don't normally feel this way, so, I'm not sure if it's the Joann Fabrics shirting I used.  I added some zigzag stitching to that spot, and I ended up pinching the main bodice fabric in doing so.  It's not super noticeable, but I'm bummed, though I hope it holds.  I definitely don't want to rip it out, as that whole area needs no added stress.  And I have naturally instructed Camden to not yank on the ties at all.

This maybe shows the color best.. and a great view of the bad apple, aha!
Honestly, maybe the craziest part of this dress is the sewing-on of TEN buttons.  Jeez.  It was a toss-up between these pink buttons and a sort of orange pair, but the pink seemed more delicate and in line with the look.

Anyway, I always do the double skirt version, and it turned out really well - I can't wait to have her wear this on Friday to her seventh day of school!!

So...days in the life of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment