Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Rose is a Rose is a Mini Rock Rose Cardigan


This cardigan is SUCH gloriousness!!!  Sounds ridiculous, but it's true!  I love it so much!  I have wanted to make this pattern for a long time, and when I found out Nadja of Schneckenstrick Designs was hosting a KAL, I decided to begin!  I dug into stash yarn and used yarn that was originally planned for ME.


(I shall take this time to announce that I pretty much can't see myself knitting too many garments for ME out of superwash yarns, so, I guess it IS helpful I have a few sweater quantities on hand to pull from for Camden or Tiberius, but it's also a bit sad.  I just know my future self doesn't want to get frustrated with sweater growth, etc., so, I plan to mostly knit non-superwash when it comes to me.)


The pattern is called the Mini Rock Rose, and there is an adult version, which would be so fun, too!  You can knit any of her patterns, I believe, and I have no idea when the KAL ends, so, just go ahead and join!

I feel like I was on gauge - or super close, but I knit a size 6/8, and it definitely came out close-fitting, so, I hope against hope that it'll fit well through spring.  I used Hazel Knits - the Lively DK base in the Cabbage Rose colorway, which was a great yarn choice!


The pattern was great - super clear and easy.  I was relieve, LOL, upon reaching the bottom ribbing, as I was dying from so many bobbles, though bobbles ARE simple, and the pattern repeat wasn't complicated or anything.  And I did follow the instructions and knit an i-cord bind-off, so, that took a while.  I probably, as usual, made the sweater slightly longer, because I knit a longer ribbed section on the hem and sleeves.  I love the finished size at the moment.

After blocking, I almost went with a floral button, but the button was slightly too large, and though gorgeous, it detracted from the loveliness of the sweater.

Camden wore this ALL day at school yesterday, as she was wearing her strappy Seashore Sundress, so, she wanted to keep warmer.  That makes me pretty happy!!!

And some fun days!  We went to a Mini Maker Faire, and the kids enjoyed rock climbing, blacksmithing and screen printing!


















Christmas in July on her 4th day of school!

Day 3 of school in her Modkid Claudia!

No comments:

Post a Comment