Sunday, April 26, 2015

Stash Diving for a Modkid Julia Skirt!

I could pretend this is a simple skirt, like the Oliver and S Hula Hoop, but let's not kid ourselves....it's "simple," in regards to construction, but the miles of hemming and gathering does slow one down a teeny bit, LOL.

BUT.

Clearly, the Modkid Julia is way cute, and I love it!  I sewed a couple Julia skirts in a size 3 a couple years back, and they were BIG and technically still fit Camden, but I passed them on to her wee friend up in Vancouver, as I was all, "Dude, I can make you another."
Awww!  In her Aneela Hoey fabric and Magical sweater!

I did a size 5, just to get more use out of it, pretending that I didn't know it's so BIG.  I should have done a size 4, but whatevs.  It's fun, and I love it.



I had a brain fart, for lack of a cooler expression, when I was attaching the casing for the twill tape.  I asked in the Modkid group, and Patty and someone else were quick to answer.  As always, I'm a nutjob and actually realized I should start reading directions, aha!  Problem solved, I forged ahead, and all was naturally well.



Not much to say about the pattern itself.  Again, it's easy and quick enough, instructions are great, and you can have a lot of fun with the fabrics.  I used a dotted sateen for the underskirt (I mentioned in the last post, I believe, that Superbuzzy has it on sale!)


So, there you have it!  Fun skirt, happy girl, all is well!!!

She likes the porch pose, aha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment