Saturday, July 11, 2015

To Gift or Not to Gift....A Zilver


Such a pretty shawl!!  I actually finished it a few weeks ago, and though I've been quiet on the blogging front, I have been at work on another project (my first knitted toy, which will be my next post).



I wanted to finish this Zilver shawl (a free pattern!) in time for the Stitch Addiction podcast KAL, and I did, though I didn't win, aha! I do love that extra motivation, though, for doing a project.
Of course....
I used Crazy Monkey Creations Monkey Toes (I have to say I'm confused now, as Monkey Toes is 100% merino, and I swear mine has bamboo content...), which is some of the first hand-dyed yarn I'd ever purchased - way back at the first Sock Summit.  I have misplaced the tag, so, I'm not sure of the colorway, but I managed to use 90 grams of the 100.  I did want to do more rows, but at that point, I was over it and just wanted it done/wanted less hand pain.  I am pretty sure it blocked out to 59 inches for the wingspan, which works, though a bit longer would be nice, LOL.
She gives up?
It's lovely and soft - and I would totally keep it, but I know how it'll go with shawls - I'd love to keep them all, so, I feel I should gift this one, if my friend would like it.  I'll bring it on my trip in a week or so and let her check it out.

Besides being awesomely free and a simple design, Zilver was easy to follow, no issues to be had, though I agree with Nina from the This Old Knit podcast about wishing the shawl had a garter tab cast-on, rather than a simple cast-on.  And it's funny - I have a rounded point at the bottom, rather than a pointy point ;)


Lastly, a few days in review.....

Making puffy paint!!!
Crazy puffy project 
Floating with friends
Aha!
Saying good-bye is so hard....LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment