This girlie can officially be WARM this winter!!!! Seriously, isn't it beeee-yoo-tiful???
Can I also say that I'm glad it's DONE??? Aha! Neither of these projects is lengthy/difficult. Naturally, though, I made them more difficult - because that's the sort of ship I run. The first time I made the hat, it turned out too small, because I failed to read the directions and left out the first several rows I was to knit after the ribbing. Such is life. This first version will head off to a cousin - naturally! I didn't want to rip it out, because I figured a finished hat is a good thing - as long as it fits someone and I have enough yarn to complete everything else, which I DID. Whew.
|Gonna get ya'!|
|Always have to do a sad face|
With that hat, my gauge was trying to trick me, as usual. I didn't want to go down a needle size, and I didn't actually do a gauge swatch IN pattern, which the pattern calls for. I winged it, and I found the right size needle I needed for the ribbing. I cast on for a small but did the length of the medium. And naturally, after blocking, it's a bit bigger in the ribbing than I'd like it to be, but thankfully, the hat is a teeeeny bit slouchy, so, she'll grow into it just fine. And as you can see, the cowl is a great fit, so, I'm pretty happy with the set.