Sunday, March 20, 2016

Roller Skate With the Queen Bee!


I did NOT intend to make an outfit, but yay for unplanned beauty!!!  Lightweight dress and lacy leg warmers for the win!

I'm not usually into simpler dresses/outfits, but for some reason, I always love to make a Roller Skate Dress!  Designed by Oliver and S, it is for REAL only two pattern pieces!!!  Well, it is for ME, as I like to make the version without the neck piece.  I did that the first time I made it, but I'm not sure I'd ever do it again.  Just keepin' it real, yo.

Awww, favorite smile!
I used a deep stash fabric (a shot cotton by Kaffe Fassett???) and a solid shot cotton - both gorgeously lightweight.  I consider myself crazy lucky when I have enough yardage to create something.  Not spending extra money??  ALSO a win-win!
NOT an optial illusion...there is a wrinkle there from the sewing job, LOL
I have blogged about this before - both a dress and a tunic version.  And I made a wee version a few years ago, too, out of the lovely Dream Bikes by Heather Ross...SUCH a great, soft fabric, but I digress....

Not anything exciting to say about the pattern itself, other than it's awesomely simple and cute - so many ways to make it fun, though I'm always boring and don't get jazzy ;)


Next up are the Queen Bee Leg Warmers, designed by Jackie Vlcek of Luna Grey Fiber Arts (her FB page).  I bought it as a kit, along with her yarn.  I used Aspen Sport in the Sugarplum color way, and it is SUCH a pretty color!  I hadn't knit Camden leg warmers in SO long, and I was glad to whip these up.

The pattern is well-written and crazy simple, just a six-round repeat.  The kit is still available - you should TOTALLY go for it!  It was my first time using Jackie's yarn, and I'm glad I had the chance to.  The yarn is richer than it appears in the photos; pops of iridescent purple come through in certain lights - super lovely!

These are so fun!  (and yes, that poor end is peaking out the bottom!)
And a week or two in the life of!!!
This is why today's bedtime was INSANE
Two cuties, clearly!
Happy birthday, little guy!

Sad kid, not getting what he wants
Awww...new dump truck!
Spot 'o tea!
Birthday gift skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment