A gorgeous Friday afternoon...and even better, as I finished a pair of pants for Camden - the Ben and Mia pants by Lily Bird Studio. I'm not sure when, exactly, I purchased this pdf pattern, but when I realized I had next to no tracing paper left - and needed to sew SOMEthing, I found this in my files.
|That fuzzy was invisible when I was taking photos, LOL|
|Sorry about the strap sloppiness, LOL|
Because I was in the zone of "let's get 'er done," I am glad I had buttons on hand for the button tabs - though I know (I promise I do!) that bigger buttons would look nicer on the tabs. But hey - let's just say I was awesome for using something within my stash.
In keeping with the theme of not truly loving these pants, I left the flat piping wide, rather than bringing it in....and I left the piping on the back pockets, though I am NOT kidding myself that it looks good. I know there is a trick for not putting it all the way up to the corner before attaching the lining and outer pocket piece together, but I didn't want to rip out and think on it. We'll just say it gives the back a splash of color and be done with it. Also, I will say the back pocket piece itself is rather large for a small person.
|That is some insanely wide piping - oops|
Also, Matt is building a tiny chair for camden. He is planing down the fiddle wood here.
|Matt wants me to mention he has no good working bench, so, he has to slave away on his knees|